Pages

Tuesday 28 June 2016

Retraining

Because my brain has been through a neurological trauma, my body has to be retrained to do things such as I'm learning to walk again, but also things like my bladder had to be retrained(I had a catheter in after surgery) and I'm having speech and language therapy although I can talk and my voice is fine I just feel like my normal and singing voice have changed(my normal voice changed after surgery apparently I was talking with a German accent haha). I know that it's going to take a while for my body to be back to normal especially for my left side but I'm ready to bring it on and just get through it. My muscles are fine just a little weak as they haven't been used for so long but it's the signals from my brain to my arm and leg that need retraining, the brain needs to make new connections 

No comments:

Post a Comment